Hartford Golf Club
Hartford Golf Club PGA Golf Professional
Hello again golfers and welcome to our latest newsletter bringing you all the goings on from Cheshire's friendliest Golf Club!
In this week's news:
- Steve reaches level 42 in the Easter Stableford
- Lefty Dave is a sure thing in the Midweek Medal
- Bob drives in with the seniors
- Have you gained distance yet?
- Upcoming events
- Check out our latest hot deals
Easter Stableford review
It was a quiet weekend in terms of competitions but there was a good turn out for our Easter Stableford on the Bank Holiday Monday. Steve Hulse has started the season well after a third place finish in the April Medal he did even better on Monday by taking the top spot with 42 points. Steve's round included birdies on holes 4 and 6 and he had a phenomenal first nine holes of 24 points to set up a winning total. Steve's reward for victory is a nice new handicap of 12!
Tim Barnes was just a point behind in second place on 41 points and his round included an impressive four birdies. Andy Goolding took third place on 37 points.
Full results can be seen by clicking here.
This Saturday we play the Benny Trophy starting at 11am.
Midweek Competition news
Left hander and vice-Captain Dave Shering took the honours in our first Midweek Medal of the season. Dave had a cracking front nine in which he only dropped two shots and despite a couple of mistakes on the back nine he was able to return a winning score of nett 64. Dave sees his handicap drop from 15 to 13 as a result of his great round. There was quite a gap to second place where Ken Powell had a nett 71 including a nice birdie two.
Senior Captain's drive-in
Seniors Captain Bob Bowen officially stepped into office last Tuesday as he drove off in front of a large gathering of Seniors. Bob had taken over the seniors Captaincy half way through last season as Geoff Dodd was moving house, but now Bob starts his proper full year as seniors Captain.
Bob impressed the crowds by hitting a great drive up the middle of the fairway and the drive in was followed by the first round of the seniors Summer League. The winning score came from Peter Earlam who scored 21 points including a birdie on the fourth hole. Tony Ledson came second with 19 points and he also had a birdie on the fourth, well done also to Ken Powell who continued his good two's run with 2 more two's!
Hartford Distance Gained Challenge
We're now into the second month of our challenge, last year we helped over 60 golfers gain distance on their drives through a custom fitting session and the biggest increase was a massive 45 yards extra through our Distance Gained Challenge.
Lewis Battersby takes over from Dave Cotterill as this years biggest gain with 22 yards using a newly fitter Callaway Epic driver. If you're serious about your golf you really should take part in this challenge, we can virtually guarantee you extra distance on your drives through some expert advice from us and a custom fitting session.
There is still time to overtake Lewis, remember which ever player is leading at the end of April will win a FREE fairway wood to match their driver.
We can fit you for any of the 2017 ranges with leading models such as the Callaway Epic, TaylorMade M1 and M2's, the PING G series, Titleist 917's and Benross' new HTX range.
Get booked in now for your fitting by contacting us here.
What's happening at Hartford
- Benny Trophy - Saturday 22nd April 11am
- Seniors 18 hole Stableford - Tuesday 25th April 9:16am
- Ladies 18 hole Stableford - Thursday 27th April 9:24am
- Sunningdale Pairs - Saturday 29th April 12:04pm
Some hot deals in store..
As usual we have some great deals in store at the moment:
- Take the strain out of your round and invest in a new lithium trolley battery and get £25 OFF when trading in an old battery, lighter and more reliable than lead acid batteries.
- We have a great new range of adidas shoes in stock including the new BOA Traxion shoes and you can get up to £20 OFF when you trade in your old shoes. Click here to find out more.
- Take our FootJoy shoe size challenge. 70% of golfers wear the wrong size shoes - we can measure your feet and if you're wearing the correct size we'll reward you with a FREE pair of FJ socks - no catches!
- Going on a golfing holiday? You can now rent a travel coverall bag for your clubs from us for just £20 for a holiday of up to 10 days.
- We have some great new clothing collections in store for the Spring inc. FootJoy, Under Armour, Nike, adidas & Galvin Green.
Don’t see it in-store?
There may come a time when a product you’re after isn’t available in store. When this happens, there’s no need to go anywhere else as our Click and Collect service means that you can order a product and get it delivered here to collect at your convenience. It’s so simple and hassle free, so why don’t you give it a try?
Start shopping here
Going away this year?
[Copy] Taking your clubs away on a golfing holiday can become quite a hassle but we want to make it as easy as possible for you. For just £20 you can have exclusive use of our travel cover for the duration of your trip, keeping your clubs safe on the flight. It really is that simple.
Learn more here
For a great cause...
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to raise money for men’s health charity Prostate Cancer UK, whilst simultaneously playing the new Srixon Z-Star golf ball. One in eight men will be affected by Prostate Cancer in their lifetime, and this promotion will see £1.50 from every promotional dozen (15 balls) sold go straight to the charity.
Find out more
We hope you have a great week.
|Please click here if you want to stop receiving emails from Hartford Golf Club|