Hartford Golf Club
Hartford Golf Club PGA Golf Professional
It's a very warm welcome to our latest newsletter bringing you all the goings on from in and around the Club, most of you are now into social media in some way or another so don't forget to like our Facebook page (www.facebok.com/hartfordgolfclub) and give us a follow on Twitter (@HartfordGolfC) to see our latest daily news and special offers.
In this week's news:
- Our winter golf best sellers
- Gray is the colour in the November Medal
- Ann and Alison defend the ladies
- Autumn Pairs Trophy
- Presentation night - your final reminder
- Seniors section Upcoming events
Winter Golf Essentials
The cold weather this week has come as a bit of a shock to many of us but remember that there is no such thing as bad weather - just inappropriate clothing!
There is no reason why you can't keep enjoying your golf even as the temperatures plummet just like these brave chaps last winter!
Here are our five best selling items in the shop this week:
1. FJ Winter gloves (£18.99) - thin enough to play golf in but thick enough to keep your hands warm no matter what the temperature
2. Callaway rain hat (£14.99) - keep your head dry and the rain out of your eyes with this water resistant bucket hat
3. Under Armour Cold Gear Base Layer (from £34.99) - think of this item as like the foundations your house is built on, your first and most important layer of thermal clothing - they really do keep you warm!
4. Masters Disposable Hand warmers (£1.99) - these can be a real hand saver, always make sure you have a packet to open in your bag!
5. FJ Winter boots (from £79.99) - available in men's and ladies with extra ankle support, hard wearing and waterproof and the ladies version has a fleece lining for extra warmth.
The November Medal was played as a Stableford on Saturday and the scoring was good, in form Stuart Gray secured his second victory in a row after his Winter League win last week with a 44 point total, Stuart had a great finish to his round playing his last six holes in one under par.
Just one point back on 43 was young Kieran Underwood who fired a very creditable five birdies in his round, coincidentally Kieran finished runner up for the second week in a row! It's ok though Kieran we know that you're used to missing out on top spot being an Arsenal fan!
Dave Johnson is clearly using his newly fitted TaylorMade PSi irons to good effect and he reckons he has picked up about an extra 15 yards on his iron shots, this new equipment must have helped him on Saturday as returned a 43 point score including three birdies to take third place.
Click here to view the full results.
A final reminder that our Presentation Night takes place this Friday 11th November at 7 for 7:30pm, on the night we will be presenting all the prizes and trophies from the summer season along with a 3 course meal and a late bar. Tickets are good value at just £20 each and available in the bar, it's always a good night and members are welcome to bring guests - please try to get your tickets in advance so we have a good idea of numbers.
- Winter League Round 3 - Saturday 12th November 11am
- Ladies 18 hole Stableford - Sunday 13th November 12:04pm
- Seniors 9 hole roll up - Tuesday 15th November 9:16am November
- Midweek Stableford - Wednesday 16th November
- Ladies 9 hole roll up - Thursday 17th November 9:24am November
- Bogey - Saturday 19th November 11am
The final of the ladies Autumn Pairs was played last Friday morning and the winning pair were Alison Worrall and Ann Broster as they defeated Wendy D'Arcy and Christine Paxton by the margin of 4 and 3, the front nine was a close affair but on the back nine the more experienced pair of Ann and Alison pulled away to win the Trophy for the second year running, well played ladies a great win again!
Last Thursday the ladies played a 3 clubs and a putter challenge, the scoring was good considering the limited number of clubs and the winner was Jill Bebbington with 17 points, this was a popular score as Ann Rowland and Kath Hough also scored that total but finished in second and third place respectively after a card playoff.
The seniors also played a 3 clubs and a putter competition and again the scoring was good, the winner was Paul Green with 19 points, Pete Dawson had a fine birdie two in his 18 point score and in third place on 17 points was the consistent Bob Griffiths who played a lot better than his beloved Everton football team at the weekend!
Make it personal this Christmas
Our Christmas favourite has returned. For the next six weeks we’re offering you the chance to enjoy FREE personalisation throughout Titleist’s ball range, including their Pro V1/x - the #1 ball in golf. Simply order online and get them delivered to store at no additional cost to pick up at your convenience.
Start personalising now
Fancy a trip to Spain?
Gather three friends and fly off to La Manga Club between the 24th-26th February 2017 for the Foremost Golf Am-Am, in partnership with Your Golf Travel. 36 holes of golf, three nights’ B&B accommodation plus some superb prizes to be won! All this from just £355 per person.
Find out more
|The gifts that keep on giving|
|Premium outerwear you can rely on|
We hope you have a great week.
|Please click here if you want to stop receiving emails from Hartford Golf Club|