Hartford Golf Club
Hartford Golf Club PGA Golf Professional
Hello again golfers and welcome again to our latest newsletter, remember we've got a Bank Holiday coming up on Monday so hopefully you've got an extra day to get a game of golf in. For the very latest news please like our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/hartfordgolfclub) and give us a follow on Twitter (@HartfordGolfC), you can also book your tee-times on our website (www.hartfordgolf.co.uk) and quite often if you pay online at the time of booking it will cost you less than if you pay in the shop.
Here is this week's news:
- The truth about YOUR golf clubs
- Summer sale continues
- Bobby is the Midweek King
- Pete enjoys the seniors away trip
- Ladies news
- Junior section
- Upcoming events
How we can help your game
Our custom fitting studio is over three years old now and in that time we've helped over 2000 golfers improve their games and hit much better shots, we've custom fitted players from England internationals to beginners and after seeing so many golfers there are definitely some common trends that we've noticed - have a read as a lot of these principles could apply to your set make up too:
- The vast majority of golfers use too little loft on their drivers AND fairway woods
- Many golfers think they hit the ball 'too high' in reality they don't hit the ball high enough and if anything they hit shots with too much spin - the key to long distance is high launch and low spin
- A great deal of you use a shaft that is too long in your driver - some of the most com-mon drivers are as long as 46" but the average shaft length on tour is around 44.5" - a longer shaft might mean slightly more distance but it also means it's harder for you to get the ball to hit the middle of the club face consistently
- Many of you have incorrect distance gaps in your sets and you may use 2 or 3 clubs that go almost exactly the same distance
- The loft and lie on older sets could have moved a lot - we checked a set recently where the 4,5 and 6 iron were all very nearly the same loft!
- Most golfers have never been fitted for grip size - amazing considering it's your only contact with the club!
- A huge amount of golfers use a shaft that is too heavy and/or too stiff - they do this in a mistaken attempt to bring ball flight down or improve accuracy but this means a massive loss of distance and consistency
We're willing to bet that a lot of these principles will apply to many of you reading this newsletter and we are here to help, if you visit us for a custom fitting session we can virtually guarantee good results! If you would like to enquire about club fitting please contact me here, we promise you won't be disappointed and it needn't cost the earth but will help your game improve massively.
Midweek Medal review
It was a quiet Midweek Medal last Wednesday but the weather was good and there were still some good scores, none more so than in form Gemma Davies who followed up her good Captain's Day performance by taking the win here. She scored a nett 69 including a brilliant par on the last hole - this proved crucial as she edged out Steve Holehouse (also on 69) by virtue of a better back nine.
Steve had a birdie on the first but a double bogey on the last hole cost him victory, although he's already won on two occasions this summer so we won't feel too sorry for him! Stuart Fallows came in in third place with a nett 74.
In the Midweek Order of Merit with just one competition left Bobby Williams now has an insurmountable lead at the top, well done Bobby!
The latest ladies competition was a sunny nine hole Stableford last Monday evening, there was a first time winner in Wendy D'Arcy who scored a very creditable 20 points, in second place was Elspeth Forbes on 19 points and in third place was Jill Bebbington also on 19 points.
The next ladies competition is an 18 hole Summer Stableford this Thursday starting at 9:24am.
The seniors visited nearby Heyrose Golf Club last Tuesday for the vice-captain's away day organised by Bob Bowen, they had fantastic weather and there was some good golf played by the 34 seniors that made the trip. Bob had the good idea of splitting the prize winners into age groups, Andy Margeson won in the youngest age group, Pete Wildin won the middle-aged Seniors group and the 'super-seniors' was won by our club President Colin Maddock.
Bob was very kind to donate a trophy for the event that will now be played for every year called the Vice-Captain's Cup.
It's been a good summer for a lot of our junior golfers and Adam Powell's junior Academy goes from strength to strength, on Sunday we played the junior Club Championship and the winner of the gross prize was our young Cheshire star Kieran Underwood with a score of 81.
The nett prize was won by young Mitchell Reeves with a stunning score of nett 60, check out the video here (www.facebook.com/hartfordgolfclub) of Mitchell's fantastic bunker shot on the seventh green - definitely another future star in the making with shots like this!
The next junior competition is a Stableford on Sunday 4th September at 1pm.
Summer Sale continues....
We've seen lots of you in the shop already snapping up some bargains in our Summer Sale, just a reminder that we couldn't decide whether to do an offer of buy one item and get a second at half price or a 3 for 2 offer - so in the end we decided to do both and let you choose your offer!!
- Buy 1 item and get the 2nd at half price OR buy 3 items and pay for 2 on ALL clothing, golf balls and accessories in the shop (cheapest item is discounted)
- Offers can be mixed across the categories eg. on 3 for 2 - if you buy 2 items of clothing you could get a dozen golf balls for FREE
- 25% OFF all golf bags in stock
- 25% OFF all golf shoes in stock
- Double up your trade in value when buying a new TaylorMade M1 or M2 metal wood
- Buy a new Motocaddy lithium trolley and we'll give you 2 FREE accessories of your choice
Ladies Summer Stableford - Thursday 25th August 9:24am
Bank Holiday Stableford - Monday 29th August 12:04pm
Seniors 18 hole Stableford - Tuesday 30th August 9:16am
Age UK 9 holes - Wednesday 31st August 1-3pm
Ladies 9 hole roll up - Thursday 1st September 9:24am
September Medal - Saturday 3rd September 12:04pm
Junior Competition - Sunday 4th September 1pm
Golf insurance is a must
This game is littered with risks, and without wishing to be the killjoys, we really do recommend covering yourself with a suitable policy.
As a little incentive, how does 3 FREE Srixon AD333 balls and 3 FREE rounds of golf sound? A nice little extra on top of complete peace of mind from just £24.49 a year.
Check out our very own special offers exclusively for you.
|Spin your wedges and reap the rewards|
|A ball fitting can work wonders for your game|
We hope you have a great week.
|Please click here if you want to stop receiving emails from Hartford Golf Club|